In Sweetwater County, 30 COVID deaths have been reported, but case numbers are improving. Vaccine distribution continues, and the county has the ability to distribute even more vaccines than are currently being received. Wyoming has reported just under 600 COVID-related deaths throughout the…
More than 100 people joined the virtual meeting where WWCC presented proposed cuts and layoffs needed in the face of a projected $2.4 million deficit for 2021-22. Members of the public voiced support for the 13 teachers expected to lose their jobs. Even with cuts to positions, employee benef…
Members of the Rocket Miner staff earned recognition in the Wyoming Press Association Pacemaker awards in addition to the Adams Publishing Group's best of 2020 showcase. On Martin Luther King Jr. Day, we can remember the reverend's words and aim to follow a harder but more rewarding path.
Western Wyoming Community College looks to begin spring semester. COVID-19 trends continue upward. Green River and Rock Springs offer many activities people can turn to when they feel overwhelmed and could use a good game, craft or story.
The global death count of the coronavirus is about to surpass 2 million. The U.S. House voted to impeach President Donald Trump for the second time. Leaders in Sweetwater County met to brainstorm ways to combine and save money and improve services.
Representative Liz Cheney released a statement today explaining that she will vote to impeach President Donald Trump. Local health officials and county leaders met to discuss COVID-19 and explained vaccination plans and herd immunity goals. School Superintendent Kelly McGovern's contract has…
A Green River man was listed as the 13th coronavirus-related death in Sweetwater County. Carriage rides have been added to the list of 2nd Saturday events in downtown Rock Springs, and the Save the Grinch fundraiser will benefit the YWCA.
Active COVID cases in Wyoming are under 5,000, down from where we were last month. Today Sweetwater County Sheriff John Grossnickle and County Attorney Dan Erramouspe explained that they believe the state mask mandate is unenforceable under the law. Wyoming National Guard Members have arrive…
Gov. Mark Gordon announced a statewide mask order similar to what is already in place in Sweetwater County. Additional steps made to limit the spread of COVID-19 include restricting bar and restaurant hours and limiting gathering sizes. The order takes effect Wednesday and extends into 2021.
Today the active cases of COVID-19 in Wyoming dropped again, although the death total increased. Local health officers gave on update on COVID-19 in Sweetwater County, emphasizing the need to bring numbers down so health care providers aren't further overwhelmed. Today is also Giving Tuesday…
- Rocket Miner update: 3 more locals die of COVID-19; recycling center seeks community partners
- Rocket Miner update: Remember to support local businesses
- Rocket Miner update: Despite difficulties, generosity prevails
- Rocket Miner update: On the (im)personal nature of numbers and Thanksgiving planning questions
- Rocket Miner update: More local/state COVID-deaths; police departments respond to mask mandate
- Rocket Miner update: Be thankful for our health workers
- Rocket Miner update: Local leaders discuss response to growing COVID numbers, mask mandate request
- Rocket Miner update: Farson-Eden wins 2020 Wyoming six-man football title
- Rocket Miner update: Governor rages at knuckleheads; at-home theater options available
- Rocket Miner update: Health officers request state-wide mask mandate as COVID numbers rise
- Rocket Miner update: Observing Veteran's Day; responding to COVID-19
- Rocket Miner update: Waiting for the votes to be counted in Sweetwater County
- Picture Book Month: The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Rocket Miner update: Western student-athletes test positive for COVID; RSHS opens haunted house
- Rocket Miner update: Snow helps Mullen Fire; election resources available; upcoming Halloween events
- Rocket Miner update: COVID-19 cases, deaths increase; winter travel guidelines updated
- Rocket Miner update: Now is the time to be informed and do your part
- Rocket Miner update: Guilty plea entered in GRFD felony case; governor urges COVID-19 caution
- Rocket Miner update: Happy Homecoming, Rock Springs
- Rocket Miner update: New planetarium; Domestic Violence Awareness Month activities
- Update: Attempted murder trial continues; free COVID-19 tests offered; and UW basketball to begin
- Rocket Miner update: Attempted murder trial; Cemetery tour; COVID-19 and Mullen Fire updates
- Rocket Miner update: Record number of new COVID cases; community football and food drive
- Rocket Miner update: COVID numbers cause concern; "The Waverly Gallery" opens after postponements
- Rocket Miner update: COVID numbers rise; community events kick off October
- Rocket Miner update: New health orders; Mullen Fire 0% contained; Western theater returns
- Rocket Miner update: Looking back after 200 days of COVID-19 cases in Wyoming
- Rocket Miner update: Talking about Women We Admire
- Rocket Miner update: Remembering a supreme justice and "Brian's Song"
- Emmalee Skinner dances to "You Will Be Found"
- Rocket Miner update: Can you spot the trolls?
- Rocket Miner update: Flu vaccine clinic doubles as COVID-19 practice
- Rocket Miner update: Law enforcement targets impaired driving; Malaysian monkey takes pictures
- Rocket Miner update: School districts talks masks, staff burnout and future budget cuts
- Rocket Miner update: 9/11 remembered, college coverage expanded, and 5 questions from the APG VP
- Behind The Badge: K9 Officer Shows Off Tracking Skills At ‘Dr. Phil’ Taping
- Rocket Miner update: Cleanup continues; UW extends campus pause; airport to host centennial flight
- Rocket Miner update: High school football returns to Sweetwater County
- Rocket Talks Entertainment: "Reel Redemption" interview with Tyler Smith
- Rocket Miner update: Teen reported missing; council conflicts continue; schools prepare for games