President Donald Trump signed multiple executive orders to provide unemployment and tax relief while Congress debates COVID-19 aid package. The Mid-Atlantic Conference canceled fall sports. Sweetwater County School District No. 1 answered questions about reopening plans.
Rocket Miner reporter Chase Galley talks about the health department seeking more lodging for COVID patience to quarantine. Grand Teton looking for volunteers to help with mountain goat cull. Red flag warning, weather, along with Wyoming COVID stats.
The Mountain West Conference revised plans for fall sports. Wyoming's rig count became zero after workers laid down the last active gas rig in Sweetwater County. Gov. Mark Gordon announced CARES Act funding will help the unemployed and underemployed go to college.
More people are binging on gloom-and-doom news. "Doomscrolling" is when readers consume bad news to an obsessive degree. This addiction is drawing more attention and talk on how to disrupt the cycle and leave the negative behind.
Video and photos from the Sweetwater County Fair show how local youth are rewarded for all their hard work raising animals. Watch for more pictures and clips online at rocketminer.com.
Rocket Miner reporter Chase Galley gives a COVID update. The sheriffs offices confirms bestiality investigation, public health orders extended to August 15. Hunting seasons will also continue as normal.
The first Atlantic hurricane of 2020 starts to hit Texas. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said a new COVID-19 aid package would be announced as soon as Monday and more $1,200 checks are expected in August. Regis Philbin died at age 88. Coronavirus vaccine work continues. Editor Caleb Smith…
First Sgt. Michael Clancy and Spc. Michael Bond of the Wyoming Army National Guard returned to Wyoming on July 22, 2020, following a deployment to Afghanistan and extra quarantine when they returned stateside. They were welcomed by family and friends. For more details and photos, go to https…
White House and GOP leaders expect to offer more bills for COVID-19 relief instead of a single package. NCAA asked for more time to debate hosting fall football championships. The MLB is ready to start its shortened season Thursday. The city of Green River is reorganizing positions and offer…
The Sweetwater County Historical Museum hosted scholarship and essay contests for students this past spring. In the coming weeks, the Rocket Miner will share the winning entries, starting with "The History in Me" by Celeste Keelin of Rock Springs.
- Rocket Miner update: MLB starts exhibition games, flags lowered in honor of the late John Lewis
- Update: Stores to require masks; nursing home reports COVID-19 case; boards pass reopening plans
- Rocket Miner update: River Festival continuing with modifications; sci-fi "Illuminae" illuminates
- Rocket Miner update: UW vs. Utah game canceled; Pet Parade starts 2nd Saturday fun
- Rocket Miner update: New mine gets permitted; UW hopes football starts on time; governor weighs in
- Rocket Miner update: Libraries offer summer activities and Scouts host cow fundraiser
- Rocket Miner update: Reading excerpts from July 4 hurts, until I remember my WWII uncle
- Rocket Miner update: Visitor center opens; Western president's contract extended; school reopening framework shared
- Rocket Miner update: Mississippi votes to change state flag; don't forget your mental health
- Rocket Miner update: Wyoming tops 1,000 confirmed cases; Adventure Guide publication nears
- Rocket Miner update for June 21, 2020: Happy Father's Day
- Rocket Miner update: Communication is key; AP updates style; museum names beaver Chewie
- Rocket Miner update: County sees 3 new cases in 24 hours; Aunt Jemima retired
- Rocket Miner update: Train fire extinguished; churches host prayer vigil
- Rocket Miner news update: Train wreck burns; tips offered for safer summer
- Rocket Miner update: Wanted person at large; county officials scaling back on updates;
- Rocket Talks Covid-19 Daily update, Sweetwater County has two new cases.
- Rocket Miner update: Freeze warning issued; candlelight vigil rescheduled
- Rocket Miner update: Ribbon-cutting signals we're open for business; and be respectful of bubbles
- Rock Springs citywide ribbon-cutting
- Rocket Miner Covid-19 Update, National High School Finals Rodeo, and Bears
- Rocket Miner update: Two more local cases reported; concert series resuming
- Rocket Miner update: Sweetwater reaches 22 cases; American cities see protests and pushback
- Rocket Miner update: Baseball resumes, art teachers showcased at CFAC
- Rocket Miner update: Sweetwater County libraries reopening
- Rocket Miner update: Wyo. COVID-19 death total hits 15; better weekend ahead
- Rocket Miner update: Options expand for outdoor events; rodeos canceled
- State of Rodeo in Wyoming - 2020
- Rocket Miner update: Remembering on Memorial Day 2020
- Rocket Miner update: Virtual ceremonies and personal choices
- Rocket Miner update: Another special session possible; plans updated for polls, school meals
- Rocket Miner update: State death toll reaches 12, pit bull reunited with owner and seniors honored
- Rocket Miner update: County reports case 17, Western reopens, BBHS celebrates, councilwoman honored
- Rocket Miner COVID-19 update: Be a hero and ask others how they're doing
- Rocket Miner COVID-19 update: Western partially reopening; Special Olympics torch run to be virtual
- Rock Springs High School Class of 2020 choir recognition
- Rocket Miner COVID-19 update: County cases reach 14 confirmed; more restrictions to be lifted
- Rocket Miner COVID-19 update: Case 13 confirmed in Sweetwater County
- Rocket Miner COVID-19 update: Why I wear a mask
- Rock Springs High School Tiger Thespian Troupe honor ceremony Part 3 of 3