Services were conducted Wednesday for Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and the death of football great Gale Sayers provides a chance to recall the football friendship captured in the movie "Brian's Song."
How skilled are you at spotting trolls who are trying to manipulate you on the internet? Can you tell between real accounts and those specifically designed to divide and deceive? You can take the Spot the Troll quiz along with the Rocket Miner or visit spotthetroll.org.
Community Nursing hosted a drive-thru vaccine clinic on Thursday, giving people a chance to get a flu shot as well as provide health officials the chance to iron out the kinks in preparation to distribute a COVID-19 vaccine when it becomes available.
Sweetwater County law enforcement announced the results of the multi-agency efforts to reduce fatal accidents and impaired driving. An exploration of old press equipment provides an intro into a story about a money stealing a phone and taking photos.
Sweetwater County School District No. 1 covered a lot of ground on Monday. Questions were raised about mask requirements, the burden on teachers and other staff, and government pressure to prepare for more budget cuts. Sweetwater schools have gone four weeks without any positive COVID-19 cas…
Today was the 19th anniversary of the monumental 9/11 attacks. Green River cleanup costs are in the millions. More in-depth coverage is offered for the Western Wyoming Community College meeting. Editor Caleb Smith shares his answers regarding five newsroom questions.
About 1,200 are still without power following the earlier snowstorm. The University of Wyoming delayed returning to in-person classes. Governor stresses importance of continued safety guidelines. The airport will host a centennial flight Thursday. Stories from the Rocket Miner archives explo…
Local football teams resumed home play on Friday. Pictures are shared from Tiger Stadium, where Thunder Basin beat Rock Springs 41-21. In other Sweetwater County games, Lander beat Green River 28-7. In six-man football, Farson-Eden High School bested Guernsey-Sunrise 67-7.
The RSPD is looking for Aysha Pathan, 14, who was reported missing. The Rock Springs City Council renewed its debate over the way it contracts professional services. Sweetwater County School District No. 2 announced policies for fall sports, such as limiting football, volleyball and swimming…
Sweetwater County School District No. 1 outlined the requirements spectators will need to follow to attend fall activities such as sports. In addition, we dig into death certificate data and how many common conditions increase the risk of COVID-19. A new study notes most people who died of t…
- Rocket Miner update: Wyoming Stock Growers Association opens convention; Western seeks fan faces
- Rocket Miner update; School resumes in Sweetwater No. 1; state COVID-19 death count reaches 33
- Rocket Miner update: American suffrage advanced by lawmaker's mother
- Rocket Miner update: Free COVID tests for students ,guilty verdict in abuse case, CWD, last day.
- Rocket Miner update: Trump offers financial relief; MAC cancels fall sports; schools plan to reopen
- Rocket Miner update: COVID-19 patient lodging, Teton goat cull, weather, Wyomings COVID-19 stats.
- Rocket Miner update: Mountain West revises sports; Wyo's rig count hits 0; CARES Act money to pay for college
- Rocket Miner update: What is "doomscrolling," and how can you stop?
- Rocket Miner update: 2020 Sweetwater County Fair concludes with youth auction
- Rocket Miner update: COVID-19, bestiality investigation, hunting seasons to continue as normal.
- Rocket Miner update: Hurricane Hanna nears; more aid expected; keep in touch with others
- Wyoming Army National Guardsmen return home to open arms
- Rocket Miner update: Teams prepare to play; celebrate National Day of the American Cowboy on July 25
- Rocket Miner update: Celeste Keelin's "The History in Me" wins museum scholarship contest
- Rocket Miner update: MLB starts exhibition games, flags lowered in honor of the late John Lewis
- Update: Stores to require masks; nursing home reports COVID-19 case; boards pass reopening plans
- Rocket Miner update: River Festival continuing with modifications; sci-fi "Illuminae" illuminates
- Rocket Miner update: UW vs. Utah game canceled; Pet Parade starts 2nd Saturday fun
- Rocket Miner update: New mine gets permitted; UW hopes football starts on time; governor weighs in
- Rocket Miner update: Libraries offer summer activities and Scouts host cow fundraiser
- Rocket Miner update: Reading excerpts from July 4 hurts, until I remember my WWII uncle
- Rocket Miner update: Visitor center opens; Western president's contract extended; school reopening framework shared
- Rocket Miner update: Mississippi votes to change state flag; don't forget your mental health
- Rocket Miner update: Wyoming tops 1,000 confirmed cases; Adventure Guide publication nears
- Rocket Miner update for June 21, 2020: Happy Father's Day
- Rocket Miner update: Communication is key; AP updates style; museum names beaver Chewie
- Rocket Miner update: County sees 3 new cases in 24 hours; Aunt Jemima retired
- Rocket Miner update: Train fire extinguished; churches host prayer vigil
- Rocket Miner news update: Train wreck burns; tips offered for safer summer
- Rocket Miner update: Wanted person at large; county officials scaling back on updates;
- Rocket Talks Covid-19 Daily update, Sweetwater County has two new cases.
- Rocket Miner update: Freeze warning issued; candlelight vigil rescheduled
- Rocket Miner update: Ribbon-cutting signals we're open for business; and be respectful of bubbles
- Rock Springs citywide ribbon-cutting
- Rocket Miner Covid-19 Update, National High School Finals Rodeo, and Bears
- Rocket Miner update: Two more local cases reported; concert series resuming
- Rocket Miner COVID-19 Update and Joe Exotic!
- Rocket Miner update: Sweetwater reaches 22 cases; American cities see protests and pushback
- Rocket Miner update: Baseball resumes, art teachers showcased at CFAC
- Rocket Miner update: Sweetwater County libraries reopening