There were three more coronavirus-related deaths, bringing Sweetwater County's death toll to 10 (with eight in the last month). The Ray Lovato Recycling Center is raising funds to go toward a grant that will allow it to upgrade its services.
Plaid Friday, Small Business Saturday, the mayor's shopping challenge and other opportunities are here for people to direct their dollars to local vendors and entrepreneurs.
You can miss the forest for the trees when it comes to the volume of some numbers, but don't forget the personal stories obscured by coronavirus totals. In addition, the CDC asks people to consider questions of risk while making Thanksgiving plans.
With a mask mandate in effect in Sweetwater County and COVID-19 having a greater effect on businesses, schools and health care facilities, we should express our thankfulness for the dedicated individuals who are working to keep us safe and healthy.
Runner-up and championship honors are awarded at the state six-man football championship Saturday, where Farson-Eden reclaimed the title by beating Meeteetse.
Gov. Mark Gordon expressed frustration at Wyoming's coronavirus figures and lack of personal responsibility. Theater productions at GRHS and WWCC aim to connect residents, even those outside the theater. FEHS plays for the state championship on Sat.
Voting delays hampered the tabulation of local results. After spending time at polling places and the county courthouse and seeing how a handful of precincts can shift the vote, we talk about the American expectation that every ballot be counted.
Wyoming has more than 4,100 lab-confirmed active cases of the coronavirus and 10 new fatalities. WWCC announced nine student-athletes tested positive for COVID-19. UW football coach Bohl's contract was extended. RSHS launched its annual haunted house
Sweetwater County School District No. 1 reported five more confirmed cases of the coronavirus among staff members. Nine more COVID-related deaths were confirmed in Wyoming. The Wyoming Department of Transportation updated its guidelines for traveling in winter weather. Stocking up on supplie…
The wife of the former Green River fire chief pleaded guilty to felony theft in a change of plea hearing. Gov. Mark Gordon encouraged increased personal responsibility to blunt a spike in COVID-19 cases. While the update was taped before the Rock Springs High School bonfire, see photos and v…
- Update: Attempted murder trial continues; free COVID-19 tests offered; and UW basketball to begin
- Rocket Miner update: Looking back after 200 days of COVID-19 cases in Wyoming
- Rocket Miner update: Talking about Women We Admire
- Rocket Miner update: Remembering a supreme justice and "Brian's Song"
- Rocket Miner update: Can you spot the trolls?
- Rocket Miner update: Flu vaccine clinic doubles as COVID-19 practice
- Rocket Miner update: Law enforcement targets impaired driving; Malaysian monkey takes pictures
- Rocket Miner update: School districts talks masks, staff burnout and future budget cuts
- Rocket Miner update: 9/11 remembered, college coverage expanded, and 5 questions from the APG VP
- Rocket Miner update: Cleanup continues; UW extends campus pause; airport to host centennial flight
- Rocket Miner update: High school football returns to Sweetwater County
- Rocket Miner update: Teen reported missing; council conflicts continue; schools prepare for games
- Rocket Miner update: Breaking down guidelines for fall school activities and death statistics
- Rocket Miner update: Wyoming Stock Growers Association opens convention; Western seeks fan faces
- Rocket Miner update; School resumes in Sweetwater No. 1; state COVID-19 death count reaches 33
- Rocket Miner update: American suffrage advanced by lawmaker's mother
- Rocket Miner update: Free COVID tests for students ,guilty verdict in abuse case, CWD, last day.
- Rocket Miner update: Trump offers financial relief; MAC cancels fall sports; schools plan to reopen
- Rocket Miner update: COVID-19 patient lodging, Teton goat cull, weather, Wyomings COVID-19 stats.
- Rocket Miner update: Mountain West revises sports; Wyo's rig count hits 0; CARES Act money to pay for college
- Rocket Miner update: What is "doomscrolling," and how can you stop?
- Rocket Miner update: 2020 Sweetwater County Fair concludes with youth auction
- Rocket Miner update: COVID-19, bestiality investigation, hunting seasons to continue as normal.
- Rocket Miner update: Hurricane Hanna nears; more aid expected; keep in touch with others
- Wyoming Army National Guardsmen return home to open arms
- Rocket Miner update: Teams prepare to play; celebrate National Day of the American Cowboy on July 25
- Rocket Miner update: Celeste Keelin's "The History in Me" wins museum scholarship contest
- Rocket Miner update: MLB starts exhibition games, flags lowered in honor of the late John Lewis
- Update: Stores to require masks; nursing home reports COVID-19 case; boards pass reopening plans
- Rocket Miner update: River Festival continuing with modifications; sci-fi "Illuminae" illuminates
- Rocket Miner update: UW vs. Utah game canceled; Pet Parade starts 2nd Saturday fun
- Rocket Miner update: New mine gets permitted; UW hopes football starts on time; governor weighs in
- Rocket Miner update: Libraries offer summer activities and Scouts host cow fundraiser
- Rocket Miner update: Reading excerpts from July 4 hurts, until I remember my WWII uncle
- Rocket Miner update: Visitor center opens; Western president's contract extended; school reopening framework shared
- Rocket Miner update: Mississippi votes to change state flag; don't forget your mental health
- Rocket Miner update: Wyoming tops 1,000 confirmed cases; Adventure Guide publication nears
- Rocket Miner update for June 21, 2020: Happy Father's Day
- Rocket Miner update: Communication is key; AP updates style; museum names beaver Chewie
- Rocket Miner update: County sees 3 new cases in 24 hours; Aunt Jemima retired